I love to cook! Sometimes I nail it, sometimes I don’t, but this apricot beef recipe was a definite win that I just have to share!
- 600g of beef. I used some of our sausages but any cut is great.
- 2 handfuls of deseeded apricots. Mine were homegrown and put in the freezer, apricot jam or canned apricots would be a good alternative.
- some cut up veggies. I used a carrot, kale, and onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- Rice to serve. It’s also great with mashed spuds or cous cous
Brown the meat for a few minutes, add all other ingredients except the rice and let simmer. Cook the rice while the rest is cooking. Its literally that easy.
This is great combination to slow cook with a cut such as chuck or osso bucco. The process of slow cooking will make these cuts so tender they fall apart. Yum! My mouth is watering as I write this, I’m so glad I have more apricots in the freezer to make this again!